- Score: MIT 1, UMass Dartmouth 0 (2OT)
- Records: MIT (3-0-0); UMass Dartmouth (0-3-0)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: A double overtime game-winning goal from senior Alan Dang (Lancaster, Pa.) gave the MIT men's soccer team a 1-0 non-conference win over visiting UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday night in Cambridge.
- 106th minute (105:38) – Dang ripped a shot from 30 yards out off a turnover from the Corsairs and rocketed it into the upper half of the net to secure the win for MIT.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Today's goal for Dang marked the first goal of his collegiate career. He made an immediate impact tonight as her competed in his first game of the season tonight.
- MIT, which defeated UMass Dartmouth for the first time since 1928 this evening, improves to 2-1-0 in the all-time series between the two clubs.
- MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) was perfect in net for the Engineers as he made six saves to improve to 3-0 this fall. Danny Andrade (0-2) took the loss for UMass Dartmouth with four saves.
- MIT plays its first of three straight road matches on Saturday against Framingham State. The match is slated to start at 11:00 a.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.