Score: Roger Williams University 1, MIT 0 (OT)
Records: MIT (3-2-0), Roger Williams University (5-0-0)
Location: Bristol, R.I. (Bayside Field)
The Lead: Despite outshooting Roger Williams, 30-14, the MIT men's soccer team fell to the home standing Hawks by a score of 1-0 on an overtime golden goal by Nicholas Sanchez in the 97th minute.
- 97th minute (96:42) - Roger Williams got the ball deep into the MIT side of the field before Colby Decker drilled it into the middle of the box. Sanchez picked the ball up off a defender ten yards from the goal and roped it into the right side of the net securing the 1-0 win for the hosts.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT outshot Roger Williams, 30-14 as six of those came from senior captain Wesley Woo (Palo Alto, Calif.).
- Over the 96 minutes of action, both teams took six corner kicks. Roger Williams made six saves compared to MIT's four.
- Roger Williams keeper Edmund Geschickter remained undefeated (5-0-0) with six saves between the pipes for the hosts, while MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.), who stopped the ball four times fell to 3-2-0 this fall.
- The all-time series between MIT and Roger Williams now sits at 4-3-1 in favor of the Hawks.
- MIT heads to Wheaton College for its first New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) scheduled for Saturday at 2:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.