- Score: Wheaton College 1, MIT 0
- Records: MIT (3-3-0, 0-1-0 NEWMAC), Wheaton College (4-2-0, 1-0-0 NEWMAC)
- Location: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- The Lead: An unassisted goal in the 64th minute by Wheaton's Shawn McCall gave the homestanding Lyons a 1-0 win over the MIT men's soccer team in the first New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match for both teams.
- 64th minute (63:28) – McCall took the ball after it deflected off a number of defenders and chipped it over the hands of MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) to give the Lyons the lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wheaton outshot MIT, 12-7, and took five corner kicks to MIT's three.
- Wheaton keeper Diego Medina moved to 4-2 this fall as he had to only make one save between the pipes for the Lyons. Cowham stopped the ball twice for the visiting Engineers.
- MIT returns to Cambridge on Wednesday, September 19 for a non-conference match against Wentworth beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.