- Score: MIT 1, WPI 1 (2OT)
- Records: MIT (4-3-1, 0-1-1 NEWMAC); WPI (5-2-1, 0-0-2 NEWMAC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Alumni Stadium)
- The Lead: In the second New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match for both teams, MIT and WPI played to a 1-1 double overtime draw on Saturday afternoon in Worcester.
- 30th minute (29:16): WPI 1, MIT 0 - WPI's Ben Rickerson notched his first goal of the year when he headed the ball into the back of the net off a corner kick via Frank Ciliberto.
- 77th minute (76:52) - MIT 1, WPI 1 - The Engineers from Cambridge knotted the game late in the second when Garrett Souza (Chino Hills, Calif.) tapped in the ball off a long feed from classmate Thad Daguilh (Port-au-Prince, Haiti).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) made six saves on seven shots to move to 4-3-1, while Rufus Adams from WPI stopped the ball six times to put his new record at 5-1-2.
- WPI held an edge in both shots (21-15) and corner kicks (11-6).
- Today's tie marked the just the fourth in the all-time series which dates back to 1923. The last time there was a tie between MIT and WPI was in 1996.
- MIT is off until next Saturday when the Engineers host Babson in another NEWMAC match. MIT men' soccer will be celebrating its 100th season during and after Saturday's game.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.