- Score: MIT 1, Babson College 1 (2OT)
- Records: MIT (4-3-2, 0-1-2 NEWMAC); Babson (4-1-4, 1-0-2 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: MIT men's soccer and Babson College played to a scoreless double overtime decision this afternoon in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action in Cambridge. At halftime and at the end of the game, MIT celebrated its 100th year anniversary season with a reception with current and former student-athletes who have contributed to the program over the past 100 years.
- No scoring
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT out shot Babson 17-11 in this afternoon's match, while Babson held a slight 7-6 edge in corner kicks.
- MIT seniors Wesley Woo (Palo Alto, Calif.) and Joshua Wilson (West Chester, Pa.) both took three shots, accounting for six of MIT's 17 attempts.
- Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) made three saves for the Engineers over the first 81:54 of the match before freshman Nicholas Jordan (Glen Allen, Va.) finished the game with one save over the final 28:06. Babson keeper Steven Heintzelman stopped the ball five times to move to 3-1-4 in net for the visitors.
- Today's match marked the fourth time that MIT has played into overtime this fall. In those four games, the Engineers are 1-1-2.
- MIT welcomes Brandeis University to Cambridge for a non-conference match on Tuesday beginning at 7:00 pm.