- Score: Brandeis University 2, MIT 1
- Records: MIT (4-4-2), Brandeis (5-4-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: Trailing 2-0 with 3:59 to play, MIT freshman Kaleb Blake (Los Angeles, Calif.) cut the Brandeis lead in half but it wasn't enough as the visiting Judges held on for a 2-1 non-conference men's soccer victory this evening in Cambridge.
- 37th minute (36:14): Brandeis 1, MIT 0 – Devan Casey gave Brandeis a 1-0 lead when he ripped a shot into the left side of the goal from the right side of the field late in the opening half.
- 65th minute (64:12): Brandeis 2, MIT 0 - Alex Walter put back a save by MIT keeper Nicholas Jordan (Glen Allen, Va.) to double the Judges advantage. Casey initiated the attempted when he headed the ball towards the net off a corner kick.
- 87th minute (86:01): Brandeis 2, MIT 1 – Blake registered his second goal of the season when he cut the visitor's lead in half with 3:59 to play in the match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT held a slim 12-11 advantage in shots, while Brandeis took four corner kicks compared to the Engineers two.
- In his first collegiate start, Jordan made three saves on five shots for MIT, but ultimately fell to 0-1-1, while Brandeis keeper Greg Irwin improved to 4-2-1 with a pair of saves for the Judges.
- MIT returns to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play on Saturday when the Engineers head to Springfield College for a match slated to begin at 12:00 pm.