- Score: Springfield College 3, MIT 1
- Records: MIT (4-5-2, 0-2-2 NEWMAC); Springfield College (9-3, 3-1 NEWMAC)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Brock-Affleck Field)
- The Lead: Springfield College used three second half goals to defeat the MIT men's soccer team, 3-1, in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action on Saturday afternoon in western Massachusetts.
- 22nd minute (21:46): MIT 1, Springfield 0 – Senior Logan McLaughlin (Park City, Utah) gave the Engineers a 1-0 when he finished a free kick by classmate Wesley Woo (Palo Alto, Calif.) that was redirected by freshman Peter Novoa (Omaha, Neb.).
- 55th minute (54:36): Springfield 1, MIT 1 – Brad Deckel knotted the game up at 1-1 for the Pride as he lined a free kick from the top of the box past MIT keeper Nicholas Jordan (Glen Allen, Va.).
- 56th minute (55:07): Springfield 2, MIT 1 – Keon Haji converted on a penalty kick to give the Pride the lead.
- 69th minute (68:04): Springfield 3, MIT 1 – Joseph Olaynack gave Springfield an insurance goal when headed home a corner kick from Keith Dixon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Springfield held a 17-4 advantage in shots and a slim 3-2 margin in corner kicks.
- Springfield keeper Stewart Frank made one save and improved to 9-3, while Jordan fell to 0-2-1 for the Engineers but made four saves in the effort.
- MIT returns home for a non-conference match against Bridgewater State University slated for Wednesday, October 10 at 7:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.