- Score: Clark University 4, MIT 1
- Records: MIT (5-6-2, 0-3-2 NEWMAC); Clark University (10-3-1, 2-2-1)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Granger Turf Field)
- The Lead: MIT Men's soccer and Clark University were tied at 1-1 at halftime, but the host Cougars scored three times in the second to defeat the Engineers, 4-1, in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match in Worcester on Saturday.
- 41st minute (40:46): Clark 1, MIT 1 - Trevor Sheriden knotted the game up at 1-1 after he received the ball from Brian Brennan and buried it into the top right corner of the net.
- 66th minute (65:49): Clark 2, MIT 1 - Charlie Lane doubled Clark's advantage with a free kick goal from the side of the box.
- 70th minute (69:03): Clark 3, MIT 1 - Sean Munroe headed home Clark's third goal of the game off a cross from Jonathan Guilherme.
- 71st minute (70:22): Clark 4, MIT 1 - Guilherme scored Clark's fourth goal of the game less than a minute later after he went 1-on-1 with MIT keeper Travis Leathrum (Chesapeake, Va.) and fired the ball into the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Clark held a slim 12-11 edge in shots and a 7-2 differential in corner kicks.
- Leathrum was handed the loss (0-1) in his first appearance of the year. He made one stop over the final 29:12 as he took over for starter Nicholas Jordan (Glen Allen, Va.), who stopped the ball twice in the opening 60:48 of the match.
- Woo is now tied for first on the team with four goals this season.
- MIT is off until next Friday when the Engineers host Coast Guard for another NEWMAC match beginning at 7:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.