- Score: MIT 2, Worcester State University 0
- Records: MIT (7-6-2); Worcester State (6-8-2)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Coughlin Field)
- The Lead: A strong defensive performance that allowed five shots and produced MIT's seventh shutout of the year, helped the Engineers defeat Worcester State University, 2-0, in non-conference men's soccer action on Wednesday.
- 10th Minute (9:06) – MIT 1, Worcester State 0: Senior Wesley Woo (Palo Alto, Calif.) sent a free kick into the box which freshman Garrett Gordon (The Woodlands, Texas) headed past Lancer goalkeeper Henri Guilmette for the first goal of his career.
- 59th Minute (58:42) – MIT 2, Worcester State 0: Freshman Sebastian Simon (Detroit, Mich.) received a pass from freshman Peter Novoa (Omaha, Neb.), turned and sent a strike past Worcester State goalie Abdulrazak Frederick.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT ended the day with advantages in shots (20-5), shots on goal (9-4), and corner kicks (4-1).
- Junior Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) made four saves in his 13th career shutout, which currently ranks fourth all-time at MIT.
- MIT wraps up the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 27 when it hosts NEWMAC foe Emerson College at 1:00 p.m.