- Score: MIT 1, Bridgewater State University 0
- Records: MIT (5-1-5); Bridgewater State University (2-9-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: Will Seiple's (Boulder, Colo.) third goal of the season was the difference tonight as the MIT men's soccer team registered a 1-0 win over Bridgewater State University in non-conference action on rainy night at Roberts Field.
- Prior to the half, Bridgewater State nearly found the back of the net off a shot by Dominic Berthiaume, but MIT junior defender Aaron Makikalli (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) cleared it off the line to keep the game scoreless heading into the break.
- 48th minute (47:07) - Seiple finished a cross from the left side by junior Loukas Carayannopoulos (Westfield, N.J.). For Carayannopoulos, the assist marked his first of the season.
- MIT nearly doubled its advantage late in the contest as in the 77th minute, Noah Faro (Rexford, N.Y.) was called offside after the ball was already in the net and in the 87th minute Ivan Jutamulia (Berkeley, Calif.) rang the ball off the crossbar.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT is now 9-3-3 in the all-time series with Bridgewater State, which dates back to 1927 as the Engineers are 2-0-2 against the Bears in the last four meetings.
- The Engineers held a 16-10 advantage in shots, while the Bears took four of the game's seven corner kicks.
- MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) improved to 5-1-5 with seven saves in a complete game shutout, while Nate Morgado took the loss (2-9-1) with six saves for Bridgewater State.
- Cowham's shutout tonight marked the 17th of his career which tied him for second place in the MIT record book with Jake Amereno '15 for most shutouts. He needs just two more this season to tie the program record which is held by Tom Caldwell '08.
- MIT hosts Springfield College in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match on Saturday, October 12 at 1:00 pm. The match will be played on Jack Barry Field.