- Score: No. 22 MIT 9, Boston College 0
- Records: No. 22 MIT (3-0); Boston College (0-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: MIT continued its season-opening homestand tonight as the Engineers blanked Boston College, 9-0, inside the Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- At the top of the ladder, sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) allowed Ryan Ashmore to score just two points over three sets as he took the spot by an 11-2, 11-0, 11-0 final.
- The Engineers continued their dominance through the next five positions as sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) defeated James Stevenson, 11-3, 11-1, 11-7 at No. 2, freshman Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) topped Matt Bell, 11-2, 11-5, 11-4 at No. 3, junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) bested David Young, 11-3, 11-4, 11-9 at No. 4, sophomore William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) defeated Brendon Wise, 11-2, 11-3, 11-3 at No. 5 and classmate Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) topped Seamus Nayduch, 11-5, 11-1, 11-6 at No. 6.
- Matt Simon of Boston College was the only Eagle to take a set from the Engineers tonight but it was sophomore Wonjune Kang (Seoul, South Korea), who defeated him 11-9, 11-6, 8-11, 11-4 at No. 7.
- MIT will host Northeastern University on Friday, November 9 in its final home match of November as the Engineers will travel to Annapolis, Maryland next weekend for the Navy Round Robin.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.