- Score: No. 16 US Naval Academy 7, No. 22 MIT 2
- Records: No. 22 MIT (4-1); No. 16 US Naval Academy (8-0)
- Location: Annapolis, Md. (Bancroft Hall Halsey Field House)
- The Lead: In a battle of nationally ranked programs, the No. 22 MIT squash team fell to No. 16 Navy on the first day of the 2018 Navy Round Robin. Sophomores William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) and Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) were the lone victors from the Engineers in last night's match.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wu swept his match by a 3-0 score as he topped Danny Finnegan, 11-2, 13-11, 11-6 at position number seven, while at the bottom of the ladder Williamson defeated Gus Prager, 16-14, 11-5, 11-13, 11-5 at position number seven.
- At positions number two and three the Engineers were able to claim at least one set. Sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) was edged in five sets by Senen Ubina, 11-13, 12-10, 6-11, 12-10, 7-11 at number three, while freshman Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) took the first set from Owen Davis at number two but ultimately fell, 15-13, 10-12, 7-11, 12-14.
- The student-athletes from Navy were able to win the remaining five points in three set sweeps.
- In exhibition play, sophomore Wonjune Kang (Seoul, South Korea) swept John Kacergis by set scores of 11-1, 11-6, 11-5.
- Today the Engineers head to Franklin and Marshall for a matchup against the 17th ranked Diplomats at 2:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.