- Score: No. 17 Franklin & Marshall 7, No. 22 MIT 2
- Records: No. 22 MIT (4-2); No. 17 Franklin & Marshall (2-1)
- Location: Lancaster, Pa. (Mayser Squash Courts)
- The Lead: MIT's squash team, ranked No. 22 in the College Squash Association's Preseason Poll, fell to No. 17 Franklin and Marshall this afternoon in Pennsylvania.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) got the Engineers off to a strong start as he came from two sets down to defeat Shams Abbas, 4-11, 4-11, 11-7, 11-7, 11-7 at the top of the ladder.
- At position four, MIT freshman Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) took an epic first set from Silvio Soom, 20-18, but ultimately fell in four sets, 18-20, 11-5, 11-9, 11-5. Both sophomores Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) at positions three and eight, respectively, each took one set in their matches but fell in four sets.
- MIT sophomore William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.)was the second winner for the Engineers as he topped Boden Polikoff, 11-8, 11-9, 8-11, 13-11 at position seven.
- MIT returns to Annapolis, Md. for the final day of the 2018 Navy Round Robin tomorrow. The Engineers are slated to take on Bucknell University at 9:30 am and No. 18 Denison University at 12:00 pm before returning to Cambridge.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.