No. 22 MIT 9, Bucknell University 0
No. 22 MIT 9, Denison University 0
- Records: No. 22 MIT (6-2)
- Location: Annapolis, Md. (Bancroft Hall Halsey Field House)
- The Lead: The MIT squash team closed play at the 2018 Navy Round Robin with a pair of sweeps which came against Bucknell University and Denison University on Sunday afternoon in Maryland.
HOW IT HAPPENED vs. Bucknell:
- All nine points were won by three set sweeps. At position one, sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) defeated Giovanni Matarazarro, 11-7, 11-5, 11-2, while at position two, freshman Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) topped Delancy McFadden, 11-5, 11-7, 11-5 and at position three, sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) bested Matt Myers, 11-7, 11-2, 11-5.
- The middle of the ladder saw freshman Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) win 11-4, 11-5, 11-3, sophomore Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.), 11-6, 11-0, 11-3, and junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manahsset, N.Y.) win 11-7, 11-1, 11-1 at positions four, five and six, respectively.
- At the bottom of the ladder, sophomore WIlliam Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) won 11-3, 11-6, 11-3 at position seven, classmate Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) won 11-2, 11-5, 11-7 at position eight and sophomore Wonjune Kang (Seoul, South Korea) won 11-0, 11-5, 11-4 at position nine.
HOW IT HAPPENED vs. Denison:
- At position one, O'Connor played a five set thriller and battled from two sets down against Abdallah Bekhiet as he won by a score of 12-14, 5-11, 11-7, 11-2, 11-4.
- The remaining eight matches were decided in three sets by the Engineers. Sanger won 11-1, 11-6, 11-3 at position two, Martin won 11-6, 11-2, 11-7 at position three, Lamp won 11-6, 11-4, 11-4 at position four, Levin won 11-2, 11-5, 11-4 at position five, Kukadia won 11-5, 11-2, 11-3 at position six, Wu won 11-1, 11-4, 11-2 at position seven, Williamson shutout his opponent in all three sets at position eight and Kang won 11-1, 11-0, 11-1 at position nine.
- The Engineers will close the month of November with a trip down the street to No. 2 Harvard University on Friday, November 30 at 5:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.