- Score: No. 22 MIT 8; No. 23 Tufts University 1
- Records: No. 22 MIT (7-3); No. 23 Tufts University (2-4)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: MIT junior Neel Das (Needham, Mass.) came from two sets down at position number eight to claim a five set win over Brett Raskopf which clinched an 8-1 victory for the No. 22 Engineers over No. 23 Tufts University on Wednesday night in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Das fell in sets one a two by scores of 9-11 and 5-11, respectively, but battled back to defeat Raskopf by a final of 9-11, 5-11, 13-11, 11-5, 11-7.
- At the top of the ladder, the top four Engineers tallied three-set sweeps in their respective matches. At No. 1, sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) topped Raghav Kumar, 11-3, 11-3, 11-6, at No. 2 first-year Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) defeated K.M. Rodriguez, 11-5, 11-1, 11-4, at No. 3 sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) bested Alan Litman, 11-9, 11-9, 11-3 and at No. 4 first-year Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) defeated Dillon O'Shea, 11-3, 11-5, 11-6.
- Other than Das' five-set thriller with Raskopf, Vedaant Paul Kukdia (Manhasset, N.Y.), William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.)and Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.)all won their respective matches at No. 6, No. 7 and No. 9 in three sets.
- MIT is off for the remainder of the calendar year as the Engineers will host Connecticut College on January 13, 2019 at 3:30 pm. Today's match marked the first of eight consecutive contests against opponents from the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.