- Score: No. 22 MIT 9, No. 29 Connecticut College 0
- Records: No. 22 MIT (8-3); No. 29 Connecticut College (3-4)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: The No. 22 MIT squash team opened 2019 with a 9-0 win over No. 29 Connecticut College on Sunday afternoon in Cambridge. Eight of the nine positions were won in three sets and junior Justin Restivo (Phoenixville, Pa.) won his match at position eight in five sets.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) defeated MD Jawad, 11-6, 11-8, 11-4 at No. 1, first-year Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) topped Billy Fleurima, 11-1, 11-3, 11-4 at No. 2 and sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) bested Michael Rodriguez, 11-8, 11-5, 11-8 at No. 3.
- The middle of the ladder saw the same results as the top as first-year Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.), sophomore Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.) and senior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) all swept their matches at positions four, five and six, respectively.
- Restivo played the closest match of the day at position eight as he dropped the first set, 2-11, but battled back to win the position in five sets by a score of 2-11, 12-10, 11-5, 9-11, 11-3.
- MIT returns to action on Tuesday, January 15 with a home match against No. 23 Bowdoin College beginning at 5:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.