- Score: No. 22 MIT 8, No. 23 Bowdoin College 1
- Records: No. 22 MIT (9-3); No. 23 Bowdoin College (2-5)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: The No. 22 MIT squash team defeated its third nationally-ranked team of the season as the Engineers topped No. 23 Bowdoin College, 8-1, tonight in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Five of the eight points for MIT came in three-set sweeps as first-year Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) swept Satya Butler, 11-4, 11-3, 11-3 at No. 1, sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) topped Carson Claar, 11-3, 11-1, 11-7 at No. 3, junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) defeated Tyler Shonrock, 11-6, 19-17, 11-2 at No. 4, sophomore Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.) bested John Milligan, 11-6, 11-5, 11-8 at No. 6 and sophomore Neel Das (Needham, Mass.) defeated Lex Horwitz, 11-8, 11-2, 11-3 at No. 9.
- At position number five, MIT first-year Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) battled from one set down to defeat Adham Sobhy, 10-12, 11-6, 11-5, 11-7 at No. 5. Both sophomore Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) and senior Justin Restivo (Phoenixville, Pa.) won their matches in four sets as well. Williamson defeated Ishaan George, 11-7, 11-7, 9-11, 11-3 at No. 7 and Restivo bested Andrew Phillips, 11-7, 12-14, 15-13, 11-8 at No. 8.
- After not beating Bowdoin from 1994-2016, a stretch of 15 matches, MIT has won each of its last three matches with the Polar Bears dating back to the 2016-17 season. In 2016-17, MIT won 5-4, in 2017-18 MIT won 9-0 and tonight the Engineers won 8-1.
- MIT will compete in the Pioneer Valley Round Robin against four New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) opponents this weekend. The Engineers will open play at No. 26 Amherst on Friday at 6:00 pm and then over the course of the tournament will play No. 31 Wesleyan, No. 25 Colby and No. 30 Hamilton.