- Score: No. 21 MIT 9, No. 31 Wesleyan University 0
- Records: No. 21 MIT (11-3); No. 31 Wesleyan University (2-9)
- Location: South Hadley, Mass. (Mount Holyoke College Field House)
- The Lead: The No. 21 MIT squash team wrapped up the 2019 Pioneer Valley Round Robin this morning with a 9-0 win over No. 31 Wesleyan University. Today's second match which was scheduled for 3:30 pm against No. 26 Colby College was canceled due to the impending snowstorm.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All nine positions were won by the Engineers in straight sets. At the top of the ladder, first-year Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) improved to 4-0 this year at the No. 1 position and 8-3 overall with an 11-6, 11-5, 11-6 win over Sean Choi. Sanger was followed by sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) at position No. 2 and junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) at position No. 3 as Martin won 11-5, 11-7, 11-7 and Kukadia won 11-8, 11-1, 11-3.
- The success for the Engineers continued in the middle of the ladder as sophomore William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) defeated Will Bienstock 11-3, 11-4, 11-3 at position No. 4, first-year Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) topped Kevin Le, 11-5, 11-6, 11-2 at position No. 5 and sophomore Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.) bested Alex Dreyfus, 11-2, 11-3, 11-4 at position No. 6.
- The Engineers rounded out the 9-0 sweep at the bottom of the ladder. Sophomore Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.)defeated Peter Delalio, 11-3, 11-6, 11-1 at position No. 7, senior Justin Restivo (Phoenixville, Pa.) topped Scott Ji, 11-0, 11-3, 11-7 at position No. 8 and junior Neel Das (Needham, Mass.) bested Clay Rodgers, 11-2, 11-7, 11-7 at position No. 9.
- MIT heads back to Cambridge for a home match on Wednesday, January 23 against No. 20 Bates College at 6:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.