- Score: No. 19 MIT 8, No. 25 Dickinson 1
- Records: No. 19 MIT (13-6); No. 25 Dickinson (3-10)
- Location: Charlottesville, Va. (McArthur Squash Center)
- The Lead: The No. 19 ranked MIT squash team closed play at the 2019 MASC Round Robin with an 8-1 win over No. 25 Dickinson College on Sunday morning in Virginia.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) earned convincing three set sweeps in their matches at positions three and four, respectively. Martin topped Hal Holappa 11-7, 11-7, 11-4 and Kukadia defeated Osuman Imoro 11-9, 11-9, 11-2.
- Sophomore William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) and first-year Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) defeated their opponents in four sets which gave MIT a 4-0 advantage over Dickinson in the match. Wu bested Cory Litman 10-12, 11-9, 11-3, 11-7 at position five and Lamp defeated Tanay Murdia 20-18, 7-11, 11-2, 11-2 at position six.
-At the bottom of the ladder, MIT earned three points via five-set victories. Sophomore Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.) defeated Andrew Strudwick 11-5, 9-11, 11-4, 8-11, 11-5 at position seven, junior Neel Das (Needham, Mass.) topped Zachary Hollander 5-11, 7-11, 11-8, 11-2, 11-8 at position eight and sophomore Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) edged Graham Henderson 11-9, 7-11, 8-11, 11-2, 11-6 at position nine.
- In exhibition play, senior Justin Restivo (Phoenxville, Pa.) fought from two sets down and defeated Adil Tibrawalla 4-11, 9-11, 11-6, 12-10, 11-5 at position ten.
- MIT will round out the regular season with matches against Middlebury College and Williams College next weekend. The Engineers will play the Panthers on Saturday, February 9 at 4:00 pm and the Ephs on Sunday, February 10 at 2:00 pm ahead of the CSA Team National Championship in two weeks.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.