- Score: No. 17 Williams College 7, No. 19 MIT 2
- Records: No. 19 MIT (13-8); No. 17 Williams College (14-10)
- Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Simon Squash Center)
- The Lead: The No. 19 nationally-ranked MIT squash team fell to No. 17 Williams College, 7-2, in its regular season finale on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The lone winners for MIT this afternoon were sophomore Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) and junior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.). O'Connor defeated Wyatt Khosrowshahi in straight sets, 12-10, 11-9, 11-9 at position two, while Kukadia swept William Means 11-5, 11-8, 6-5 (by default) at position four.
- Sophomore William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) and junior Neel Das (Needham, Mass.) were edged in five sets in their respective matches. We fell to Jacob Bassil 8-11, 12-10, 5-11, 11-7, 12-10 at position five and Das dropped his match to David Pincus by set scores of 8-11, 11-9, 11-7, 6-11, 11-6 at position eight.
- Williams College earned its other points at position one, three, six, seven and nine to secure the match by a 7-2 final score.
- MIT will await seeding for next weekend's College Squash Association's (CSA) Team National Championship. Be sure to check back on MITAthletics.com for a complete preview of next weekend's competition.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.