- Score: Yale University 189, MIT 88
- Records: MIT (0-1); Yale University (1-0)
- Location:Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center Pool)
- The Lead: In the first-ever meeting between the two teams, Division I Yale University defeated MIT on Saturday afternoon in Cambridge by a final score of 189-88 in the season-opener for both programs.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT began its first meet of the year by finishing as the runner-up in the 200-medley relay as Bouke Edskes (Rockville, Md.), Brandon McKenzie (Brigantine, N.J.), Sam Ubellacker (Georgetown, Ky.) and Kyri Chen (Naperville, Ill.) clocked a time of 1:32.65, just 0.42-seconds behind the A team from Yale.
- Edskes went on to win the only event for the Engineers in the pool this afternoon when he registered a time of 52.54 in the 100-IM.
- Ubellacker had a good day all around as he also finished second in the 50-free in 20.69, just .03 seconds shy of an NCAA "B" cut and also finished third in the 100-fly in 50.76.
- The Engineers also tallied a two other individual runner up performances as Josh Graves (Tustin, Calif.) touched the wall second in the 500-free in 4:46.15 and in his first collegiate meet Brandon Yue (Sammamish, Wash.) was second in the 200-breast in 2:07.33. Graves also claimed third in the 1000 free in 9:53.11.
- In the meet's final event, the mixed 200-free relay, Ubellacker and Chen teamed up with Jenny Yu (Brighton, Mich.) and Lilia Staszel (Pearland, Texas) for first place in 1:30.98.
- MIT hosts NEWMAC foe Springfield College next Saturday, November 10 at 1:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.