- Score: No. 2 Bowdoin College 7, No. 26 MIT 2
- Records: No. 26 MIT (2-4), No. 2 Bowdoin College (9-0)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (JB Carr Tennis Bubble)
- The Lead: In a match that lasted well over five hours and was a rematch of last year's NCAA Regional Championship, the No. 2 ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team defeated No. 26 MIT on Friday afternoon inside the JB Carr Tennis Bubble.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT was able to grab one point during doubles play as junior Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) and classmate Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) teamed up for a 9-7 (3) win over Kyle Wolfe and Jerry Jiang at No. 1 doubles. The Engineers nearly went ahead after doubles play, but Gil Roddy and Justin Patel edged freshman Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) and Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.), 9-7, at No. 3. Luke Tercek and Justin Wang took the second doubles point for the Polar Bears with an 8-1 win over Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) at No. 2.
- The lone winner for MIT in singles play was sophomore Victor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) as he topped Roddy 7-6, 6-2 in straight sets at No. 4 singles. Both Barr and Go played their matches out to three sets after being down one set, but Bowdoin was victorious in both. Barr was edged, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 by Tercek at No. 1 and Go was edged, 6-3, 6-7, 10-8 at No. 6 by Wang.
- MIT will open New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action in its next match as the Engineers will travel to Babson College on Wednesday, April 4 at 3:30 p.m.