- Score: No. 26 MIT 8, Vassar College 1
- Records: No. 26 MIT (3-3), Vassar College (5-9)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble)
- The Lead: The MIT men's tennis team earned an 8-1 non-conference win over Vassar College this afternoon inside the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers swept all three doubles points for an early 3-0 advantage. Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) and Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) teamed up for an 8-4 win over Jeremy Auh and Nick Zuczek at No. 1, while Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) and Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) as well as Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) and Sean Ko (Danville, Cali.f) defeated their opponents by 8-1 scores at No. 2 doubles and No. 3 doubles, respectively.
- In singles play, all six matches were decided in straight sets as the Engineers took five wins to clinch the match by an 8-1 final score. Barr swept David Gandham, 6-2, 6-0 at No. 1, Cauneac defeated Auh, 6-1, 6-1 at No. 2 and Victor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) bested Jamie Anderson, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 3. Ko, who defeated Nicholas Demaria, 6-3, 6-1 at No. 4 and Go, who defeated Zamir Birnbach, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 6 rounded out the list of winners this afternoon for the Engineers.
- Vassar was able to get its lone point of the match when Dom Demeterfi topped Charles Deng (Temple City, Calif.), 6-4, 6-2 at No. 5 singles.
- MIT opens New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play tomorrow afternoon as the Engineers host Clark University at 1:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.