- Score: No. 25 MIT 9, Emerson College 0
- Records: No. 25 MIT (7-5, 4-0 NEWMAC); Emerson College (1-12, 0-3 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: The No. 25 MIT men's tennis team conceded just three games against Emerson College this afternoon as the Engineers blanked the Lions, 9-0, in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All three doubles matches were decided by 8-0 scores in favor of MIT as Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) and Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) won at No. 1, Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) and Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) won at No. 2 and Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) and Victor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) won at No. 3.
- Four of the six singles matches had final scores of 6-0, 6-0 as Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) won at No. 1, Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.) won at No. 4, Ampudia won at No. 5 and Omar Gonzalez (San Juan, Texas) won at No. 6. At No. 2 singles Go defeated Brock Higley, 6-0, 6-1 and at No. 3 Zhao topped Thomas McCorkle, 6-0, 6-2 to complete the sweep.
- MIT heads to No. 17 Brandeis University for a non-conference match tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.