- Score: No. 25 MIT 9, Springfield College 0
- Records: No. 25 MIT (8-6, 5-0 NEWMAC); Springfield College (6-8, 1-4 NEWMAC)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Appleton Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: The No. 25 MIT men's tennis team remained undefeated in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play with a 9-0 shutout of Springfield College on the road this afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers were dominant in doubles play as they only dropped a total of three games to take a 3-0 lead in the match. Alex Cauneac (Severa Park, Md.) and Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) topped Court Honda and Alex Romaine, 8-2, at No. 1, Victor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) and Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) downed Cameron Grant and Sean Quirk, 8-1, at No. 2 and Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) and Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) shutout Zack Keene and Steven Ludtke, 8-0, at No. 3.
- MIT won all six singles points in straight sets to defeat Springfield by a 9-0 score. Ko defeated Romaine, 6-0, 6-3 at No. 1, Go topped Honda, 7-5, 6-2 at No. 2 and Charles Deng (Temple City, Calif.) defeated Grant, 6-2, 6-1 at No. 3. At the bottom of the lineup, Ampudia bested Keene, 6-1, 6-0 at No. 4, Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.), topped Chris Unger, 6-0, 6-1 at No. 5 and Omar Gonzalez (San Juan, Texas) defeated Freddie Moffa, 6-3, 6-0 at No. 6.
- MIT rounds out its NEWMAC slate of games at Babson College on Monday, April 23 at 3:30 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.