- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble)
- Score: MIT 5, Bentley University 4
- Records: MIT (1-1); Bentley University (2-2)
- The Lead: Trailing 3-0 after doubles play on Wednesday afternoon, the MIT men's tennis team won five of the six singles matches to rally past Bentley University for a 5-4 victory in a non-conference matchup in the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons took the three doubles matches fairly quickly, including 6-1 at No. 2 as Michael Fuca and Brett Gilman defeated MIT's Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.).
- MIT came out fast in singles play, with senior Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) earning a 6-0, 6-0 shutout in the No. 1 position. The Engineers also picked up straight-set victories at No. 2, No. 3 and No. 6, while Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.) defeated Gilman by a 6-4, 5-7, 10-7 final at No. 5.
- Bentley picked up its lone singles point in the No. 4 position with Connor Aulson defeating MIT's Charles Deng (Temple City, Calif.), 6-3, 6-3.
- The Engineers are back in action on Saturday, March 2nd as Division I Boston University visits Cambridge for a non-conference match beginning at 1 p.m.