- Score: MIT 8, Clark University 1
- Records: MIT (5-4, 2-0 NEWMAC); Clark University (7-8, 0-1 NEWMAC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Corash Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: MIT men's tennis improved to 2-0 in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play this afternoon as the Engineers topped Clark University on the road, 8-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The No. 1 doubles pairing of seniors Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) and Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) as well as the No. 3 pairing of senior Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.) and first-year Arman Dave (Southlake, Texas) picked up 8-5 wins in their respective matches. Sophomores Charles Deng (Temple City, Calif.) and Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) gave MIT a 3-0 lead with their 8-3 win over Jacob Malicky and Maz Schweitzer at No. 2doubles.
- MIT took its five singles points with five victories in straight sets. At No. 1 singles, Barr defeated Nicholas Mathieu, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 2 Cauneac defeated Schweitzer, 6-2, 6-0 and at No. 4 Deng topped Alex Hattenbach, 6-1, 6-1. La Soya and Dave rounded out the list of winners for the Engineers as they won their matches at No. 5 and No. 6, respectively, by 6-3, 6-2 and 6-0, 6-2 finals.
- Clark picked up its lone point at No. 3 singles as Chris Ruebensedged Ampudia, 2-6, 6-2, 10-8.
- MIT will hit the road for its next contest as the Engineers will play at Wheaton College in another NEWMAC match on Wednesday, April 10 at 4:00 pm.