- Score: No. 32 MIT 7, Coast Guard 2
- Records: No. 32 MIT (7-5, 4-0 NEWMAC); Coast Guard (6-6, 2-2 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: MIT men's tennis, which is ranked 32nd in the latest ITA Division III National Poll, closed its week with a 7-2 New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) victory over Coast Guard on Saturday afternoon in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT took a 2-1 advantage out of doubles action after the No. 2 pairing Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Juction, N.J.) and No. 3 pairing of Arman Dave (Southlake, Texas) and Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned duplicate 8-6 wins over their respective opponents.
- MIT won five of six singles points to claim the match over Coast Guard by a 7-2 final. Barr topped Hackett, 6-2, 7-6, at No. 1, Cauneac defeated Arthur Wicke, 6-4, 6-1 at No. 2, Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) swept Fager, 6-1, 6-1 at No. 3, Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) defeated Chris Lansing, 6-0, 6-3 at No. 4 and Charles Deng (Temple City, Calif.) swept Lucas Arora, 6-3, 6-1 at No. 6.
- Coast Guard's lone singles point came from Phillips who edged La Soya, 7-6, 7-5 at No. 5.
- MIT returns to action on Wednesday, April 17 with another NEWMAC match at Emerson College beginning at 4:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.