- Score: No. 32 MIT 9, Vassar College 0
- Records: No. 32 MIT (9-5); Vassar College (8-8)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: The MIT men's tennis team pushed its winning streak to three with a 9-0 win over Vassar College in non-conference action on Friday afternoon at the DuPont Tennis Courts.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT took all three doubles matches highlighted by an 8-3 win at No. 1 by seniors Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) andAlex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.). The Engineers also got wins by Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) at No. 2 as well as Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) at No. 3 as they both recorded 8-4 victories to close doubles action.
- Barr and Zhao both earned 6-0, 6-0 wins in singles play for the Engineers as Barr blanked David Gandham at No. 1 and Zhao shutout Nick Lee at No. 5. The rest of the four singles matches were all decided in straight sets as MIT improved to 9-5 with a 9-0 win over Vassar on Friday.
- MIT welcomes Springfield College to Cambridge for its final NEWMAC regular season contest of the spring at 10:30 am. The Engineers were supposed to travel to Tufts University for a 3:30 pm match as well, but that was cancelled due to the expected rain tomorrow.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.