- Score: No. 31 MIT 6, No. 17 Skidmore College 3
- Records: No. 31 MIT (11-5); Skidmore College (13-5)
- Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y. (Wilton YMCA)
- The Lead: The No. 31 MIT men's tennis team closed the regular season on Saturday with a 6-3 road win over No. 17 Skidmore College yesterday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Skidmore took a 2-1 lead out of doubles play, however it was Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) and Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) who earned the point for MIT as the edged JT Wynne and Noah Williamson in a tie breaker, 8-7 (10-7) at No. 1.
- MIT won five of six points in singles play to pick up its second win over a nationally-ranked team this season. Barr edged Wynne, 7-6, 6-2 at No. 1, Cauneac topped Jack McClaren, 6-7, 6-4, 6-2 at No. 2 and Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) edged Travis Leaf, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 at No. 3.
- Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) rounded out the list of winners for MIT yesterday as they both won their respective matches at No. 4 and No. 5 in straight sets for the 6-3 road win.
- MIT will open the NEWMAC Tournament on Wednesday, May 1 as the top-seeded Engineers will host fourth-seeded Wheaton College at 3:30 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.