- Location: Roger Harring Stadium at Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex (La Crosse, Wisconsin)
- The Lead: On Friday at the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships, the MIT men's and women's track and field teams had three student-athletes compete overall to set up a packed final day of action on Saturday in Wisconsin. The meet was interrupted by a weather delay that slowed the competition.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- On the men's side, sophomore Alec Reduker (Newburyport, Mass.) finished 15th in the high jump as he cleared six feet, six inches.
- For the women in the 800-meter prelims, junior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) finished seventh in her heat and 13th overall in the prelims as she ran a time of 2:11.88. Sophomore Margaret Trautner (Houston, Texas), who qualified for the NCAA's as the No. 20 seed, finished 20th overall as she ran 2:14.19.
- The Engineers return to action on Saturday, May 26th for an extremely busy final day of the NCAA Outdoor Championship. Competition will resume at 11 a.m. Central time.