- Location: Franklin Park - Boston, Mass.
- The Lead: The No. 5 ranked MIT men's cross country team placed third out of 34 teams and earned the New England Division III Championship as the Engineers finished with a total of 133 points over the 8K course on Saturday at Franklin Park.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Graduate student Matthew Deyo (Syracuse, N.Y.) claimed the D3 New England Individual title as he finished 11th overall out of 221 runners in a time of 25:08.59 to place seven seconds ahead of the next D3 finisher.
- Freshman Josh Derrick (Winnetka, Ill.) finished 21st in a time of 25:21.50 to improve by 22 seconds from his first collegiate race, followed by sophomore Dennis Maloney (New Albany, Ohio) in 22nd place at 25:25.53.
- Sophomore Daniel Weiss (Naperville, Ill.) placed 39th in a time of 25:38.26, followed just .12 seconds later by freshman Steven Goldy (Centennial, Colo.) in 40th place at 25:38.38. The two displacers for the Engineers were junior Alex Knoedler (Canon City, Colo.) in 93rd at 26:22.99 and sophomore Alex Knapp (West Chester, Pa.) at 129th place with a time of 26:50.60.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, October 15th as the Engineers head to Rowan University for the Border Battle in Glassboro, N.J.