- Location: Williamstown, Mass.
- The Lead: In the first meet of the season, the No. 7 ranked MIT men's cross country team finished fifth at the Purple Valley Classic as the Engineers finished with a total of 127 points and had four runners in the top 30 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Josh Rosenkranz (Glencoe, Ill.) was the top MIT finisher as he was 12th in a time of 26:25.5. Junior Billy Woltz (Logan, Ohio) was next in 24th in 26:38.2, followed by freshman Zach Johnson (La Crescenta, Calif.) with a 25th-place showing in his first collegiate race in a time of 26:39.4.
- Freshman Andrew Mah (Newton, Mass.) finished his first competition in 28th place in 28:42.2, while junior Josh Derrick (Winnetka, Ill.) crossed as the final scoring runner for MIT in 41st at 27:03.3.
- MIT competed against six nationally-ranked teams in the meet, defeating No. 24 Connecticut College and No. 28 Tufts University.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, October 6th as the Engineers compete at the NEICAAA Championship at Franklin Park in Boston, Mass.