- Location: Smith College (Northampton, Mass.)
- The Lead: On a rainy Saturday, the No. 20 ranked MIT men's cross country team won its 21st straight NEWMAC Championship as junior Billy Woltz (Logan, Ohio) won the league's individual championship.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RESULTS:
- MIT finished the meet with a total of 17 points as seven Engineers placed in the top 10 to earn All-Conference accolades.
- Freshman Andrew Mah (Newton, Mass.) was the runner-up and the NEWMAC Rookie of the Year as he finished in a time of 26:16. Senior Josh Rosenkranz (Glencoe, Ill.) was third in 26:24, followed by junior Josh Derrick (Winnetka, Ill.) in fifth at 26:31 and senior Alex Knapp (West Chester, Pa.) in sixth at 26:40.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, November 10th at the NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship. That meet is being hosted by Bowdoin College and is taking place at Pickard Fields.