- Location: West Windsor Township, N.J. (Mercer Lake)
- The Lead: At the Knecht Cup in New Jersey, the MIT women's lightweight crew team was led by a victory in the Petite Final by the Varsity 4 boat and a berth in the Grand Final by the Varsity 8 crew.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The varsity 8 boat placed third in its heat in a time of 6:51.89 to advance to the Grand Final as the second varsity 8 crew was sixth in the same heat with at 7:15.91 to move to the Petite Final. The third varsity 8 boat also moved to the Petite Final as that group crossed in sixth place in its heat with a time of 8:10.25.
- The novice 4 boat finished fourth in its heat in 8:52.25, while in the second heat the second varsity 4 boat and the varsity 4 crew both advanced to the Petite Final. The second varsity 4 was third in that heat in 7:53.77, followed by the varsity 4 in a time of 7:55.83.
- In the Petite Final, the varsity 4 boat took the victory with a time of 7:48.45 to improve by over seven seconds from the heat. The second varsity 4 was right behind them in 7:55.56 so finish second overall.
- For the Grand Final, the varsity 8 boat finished in sixth out of seven crews in a time of 6:56.54 while the second and third varsity 8 boats finished fourth and fifth in the Petite Final, respectively. The 2V8 finished in a time of 7:28.57, while the 3V8 crossed in 8:13.10.
- The MIT lightweight varsity 8 boat continues to be ranked seventh nationally in this week's USRowing Coaches Poll.
- MIT returns to action next weekend on Saturday, April 21st as the team is back in action on the Charles River for the Muri Cup and the Beanpot.