- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: On Saturday morning on the Charles River, the MIT women's lightweight crew team competed in the Muri Cup and the Beanpot as the conditions were sunny with a headwind over the 2,000-meter course.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the V4X race that kicked off the morning, the Engineers crossed in third place with a time of 8:51.601. Boston University won that race, while MIT was 10 seconds off the pace of Radcliffe in second.
- The Varsity 4 boat finished third in a time of 8:43.473 as BU and Radcliffe again took the top two spots. MIT's Second Varsity 4 boat finished in fourth place in 9:48.355, while BU was the winner in that heat.
- In the Varsity 8 competition, the MIT crew crossed in 7:26.270 as the Engineers battled Radcliffe and finished just over five seconds behind that boat.
- The MIT lightweight varsity 8 boat continues to be ranked seventh nationally in this week's USRowing Coaches Poll.
- MIT returns to action on May 10-12 as the Engineers travel to Philadelphia, Pa. for the Dad Vail Regatta on the Schuykill River.