- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In the spring season opener for the MIT women's lightweight crew team, the V8 and 2V8 boats each placed second out of four as the team took on Bates, Trinity and Simmons in a solid, team-wide performance for the Engineers.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RACES:
- On a sunny morning with a slight tailwind, the Varsity 8 boat crossed second in a time of 6:53.031. Bates, the defending Division III National Champions, took first in 6:45.151. Crossing in third place was Trinity in a time of 7:04.844, followed by the Simmons crew at 7:11.119.
- The Second Varsity 8, MIT finished in a time of 7:23.643 as Bates took the race in a time of 7:04.790. Trinity finished in third at 7:30.437, while Simmons was fourth at 7:53.547.
- MIT returns to action on April 13-14 as the Engineers travel to the Knecht Cup on the Cooper River in Cherry Hill, N.J.