- Location: Cherry Hill, N.J. (Cooper River)
- The Lead: Over the weekend, the MIT women's lightweight crew team competed at the Knecht Cup on the Cooper River as the Engineers had boats in the V8, Novice 4 and Quad races.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RACES:
- On Saturday morning, the V8 A and B crews competed and finished in fifth and sixth to advance to the Petite Final on Sunday. The A boat finished in 7:09.66, while the B crew crossed in 7:44.01.
- The Novice 4 boat placed fifth in its heat in a time of 9:42.31, while the V4 was fifth at 8:17.68. The Varsity 4x crew advanced to the final as they crossed in 7:55.18 late in the afternoon on Saturday.
- On Sunday, the MIT 4x boat finished fourth in the openweight final in 8:11.44 as the Engineers crossed in front of the two crews from Bucknell in their first race of the season.
- In the Petite Final, the MIT V8 A was second in a time of 7:04.76 and the MIT V8 B crew finished in front of Princeton in fifth at 7:33.36.
- The MIT Varsity 8 boat is currently ranked No. 7 nationally in the IRA/USRowing Varsity Eight Coaches Poll.
- MIT returns to action on April 20th as the Engineers host Wellesley College on the Charles River.