- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In difficult conditions on Saturday morning, the MIT women's lightweight crew team competed in the Beanpot and the Muri Cup on the Charles River. The tough conditions built through the morning as there was a gusty, 15-20 mph headwind on the river.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RACES:
- In the Varsity 8, the Engineers led Radcliffe until the bridge in a hard-fought race as MIT crossed in a time of 9:21.582 to finish third. Leading that boat were seniors Chloe Thacker (Sarasota, Fla.) as the coxswain and Sophie Blackburn (Wichita, Kan.) as the stroke in the final collegiate home race. The BU lightweight women won the race in 8:46.9, followed by Radcliffe in second at 9:10.008.
- Linda Muri was on hand to present her Cup to the winning crew.
- In the 4x, the Engineers were third of four in a time of 9:26.992 as MIT finished over a minute and a half in front of Gordon. The 2V4 and V4 were each third out of three entries, crossing in times of 10:58.433 and 10:45.201, respectively.
- The MIT Varsity 8 boat is currently ranked No. 7 nationally in the IRA/USRowing Varsity Eight Coaches Poll.
- MIT is back in action on May 10-11 as the Engineers travel to the Dad Vail Regatta on the Schuykill River in Philadelphia, Pa.