- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: At the 2017 Head of the Charles, the MIT women's openweight crew teams competed in the Club 4's and Club 8's competition as the event took place in unseasonably warm temperatures on the Charles River.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Club 8's race, the Engineers crossed in ninth place out of 40 entries with a time of 17:12.723. The coxswain of the boat was junior Annie Zhang (Campbell, Calif.) and included two freshmen and just one senior.
- In the Club 4's, the MIT crew crossed in a time of 21:02.741 to finish 42nd overall out of 53 entries. The coxswain of the boat was sophomore Sharon Chen (Huntersville, N.C.).
- MIT returns to action on Sunday, October 29th as the Engineers travel to Lake Carnegie in Princeton, N.J. for the Princeton Chase.