- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In the spring season opener, the MIT women's openweight crew team defeated the United States Coast Guard Academy in pair of races with the varsity 8 and second varsity 8 boats on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the second varsity 8 race, the Engineers were led by coxswain Charvi Gopal (India) and a crew that featured four freshmen and four juniors. MIT crossed in a time of 7:47.4 to defeat Coast Guard as the Bears finished in 8:07.3.
- In the varsity 8 race, the MIT crew defeated Coast Guard by a convincing 35-second margin. The Engineers and sophomore coxswain Vanessa Wong (Boise, Idaho) crossed in a time of 7:17.6, followed by Coast Guard in a time of 7:52.8.
- The Engineers return to action on Saturday, March 31st as the team takes on Boston College on the Charles River.