- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In windy conditions on Saturday morning on the Charles River, the MIT women's openweight crew took on Boston College in two varsity 8 races and a varsity 4 matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The varsity 8 got off to a good start through the opening thousand, but the wind proved to be tough to handle on the river. Overall, that crew was third in a time of 7:28.751 as the BU lightweight crew as first in 7:10.738 and the Boston College openweight boat finished second in 7:17.86. The Engineers have a lot of room to grow and have shown that they can produce speed capable of competing at a high level, but need to get more accustomed to tough conditions like those from Saturday.
- In the second varsity 8 race, MIT placed fourth in 8:33.106 as Boston College won the race with a time of 7:24.805. The MIT varsity 4 boat was second with a time of 8:34.275, while Boston College won the race in 8:13.444.
- The Engineers return to action on Friday and Saturday, April 6th and 7th, as the team travels to the George Washington University Invite on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C.