- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: The MIT women's openweight crew team competed in the EAWRC Sprints on Sunday afternoon on Lake Quinsigamond as the Engineers advanced two varsity eight boats and the varsity four boat to the Petite Finals.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the varsity eight, the Engineers rebounded from a fourth-place finish in the heats with a fifth-place showing in the Petite Final in a time of 6:50.202. This was just in front of the University of Connecticut and an improvement of over seven seconds from the heat.
- The second varsity eight had a really aggressive first half of the race, but were walked on by Boston University over in the second 1,000 meters and were unable to hold them off as the Engineers crossed in 7:24.269. MIT defeated Holy Cross by a 23-second margin as the crew finished sixth in the Petite Final after crossing in 7:27.267 in their heat.
- In the varsity four race, the Engineers finished in fourth in the second heat in a time of 9:09.794 and moved onto the Petite Final. In that race, the team was seventh in a time of 9:15.358.
- The Engineers conclude their season on May 11th as the team travels to the Cooper River in Camden County, N.J. for the Patriot League Championship.