- Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y. (Fish Creek - Lee's Park)
- The Lead: At the Head of the Fish on a rainy Saturday, the MIT women's openweight crew team placed fourth in the Varsity 8 race in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Led by senior coxswain Annie Zhang (Campbell, Calif.), the MIT boat finished just off the medal stand in fourth place with a time of 11:36.30 as the Engineers crossed 1.8 seconds ahead of the University of Massachusetts. The Engineers were also almost 29 seconds of league rival Colgate University as the Red Raiders finished in 11th place.
- The team did perform well over the course in the rainy conditions, but still has some speed to gain as they head into the winter training season.
LET'S HEAR FROM SENIOR TAL GILAD:
"It was a very well fought race and passing two boats is always fun. The boat was very aggressive despite cold and rainy conditions. Our coxswain, Annie Zhang, steered a great course and kept the boat internally focused the whole way." Tal Gilad - Seat No. 3
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, November 10th as the Engineers return to the Charles River for the Foot of the Charles.