- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: On Saturday morning, the MIT women's openweight crew team opened the spring racing season with a pair of races with the Boston University lightweight team and Boston College. In the V8, the Engineers claimed the MIT/BC Cup with a nearly seven-second victory over the Eagles.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the V8, BU took the race with a time of 6:33.694, while the Engineers followed in second at 6:47.694 as the MIT crew got off to a great start and was able to fight back each time the Eagles would make a push. Boston College crossed in third at 6:54.022, putting the Eagles 6.329 seconds back.
- In the 2V8, the Terriers captured the race in a time of 6:48.552. Boston College was second in a time of 7:00.569, while the Engineers were third at 7:12.374.
- MIT returns to action on April 12-13 as the Engineers compete at the George Washington University Invite on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C.