- Location: Washington, D.C. (Potomac River)
- The Lead: On the Potomac River, the MIT women's openweight crew team competed at the George Washington University Invite on Friday and Saturday as the Engineers took on GW, Drexel and St. Joseph's.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- On Friday, the Engineers V8 crossed in second place at 6:50.25 to finish five seconds back of the Colonials. The 2V8 was also second as that crew finished with a final time of 7:07.91.
- On Saturday morning, MIT took on Drexel University and came away with times of 6:39.22 in the V8 and 6:54.14 in the 2V8 to place second in both.
- MIT closed out the weekend with a pair of races vs. St. Joseph's, with the V8 defeating the Hawks by 8.06 seconds as the Engineers finished in 6:31.18. The 2V8 was second in the race, crossing in a time of 6:55.27.
Second Varsity 8 - Friday vs. George Washington
Cox: Emelie Eldracher
8: Tessa Gustafson
7: Alexa Stewart
6: Jess Arbuckle
5: Rose Bielak
4: Aigneis Frey
3: Emily Kiley
2: Maria Barbosa
1: Erica Flear
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, April 20th as the Engineers compete at the Cherry Hill Invitational on the Cooper River.