- Location: Camden County, N.J. (Cooper River)
- The Lead: In very tough racing conditions on the Cooper River, the MIT women's openweight crew team competed at the Cherry Hill Invitational on Saturday as the V8 advanced to the Grand Final and the 2V8 rowed in the Third Final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Varsity 8 competition, the Engineers finished second in their heat in a time of 7:06.41 to advance to the Grand Final. In the Grand Final, MIT crossed in sixth with a final time of 7:17.17.
- The 2V8 was fifth in its heat in 7:48.93 before improving in the Third Level Final where the crew was second of four in 7:41.16.
- MIT returns to water on Saturday, April 27th as the Engineers travel to Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass. to take on Holy Cross and Bates. The race is the first of three straight on Lake Quinsigamond as the Engineers will also compete there in the EAWRC Sprints (May 5th) and the Patriot League Championship (May 17th).