- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: On Saturday on Lake Quinsigamond, the MIT women's openweight crew team took on Holy Cross and Bates College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Varsity 8 race, the Engineers were competitive for most of the race in some tricky racing conditions before Bates walked away from MIT in the final 1,000 meters to cross in 7:02.9. MIT was second in 7:13.47, followed by the Crusaders at 7:37.63.
- In the 2V8, MIT was third behind the Bates A and B entries as the Engineers finished in 7:52.82. The Engineers again finished in front of Holy Cross as the Crusaders had a time of 8:12.39.
- MIT returns to water on Sunday, May 5th as the Engineers return to Lake Quinsigamond for the EAWRC Sprints.