- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: At the EAWRC Sprints on Sunday on Lake Quinsigamond, the MIT women's openweight crew team competed in the Varsity 8 and Second Varsity 8 races.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Varsity 8 heat, MIT was fifth at 6:54.088 as the Engineers were five seconds back of UConn. In the Third Final, the Engineers crossed in first ahead of Holy Cross with a time of 7:02.008.
- In the morning 2V8 heat, the Engineers crossed in fifth in a time of 7:19.652 to advance to the Third Final. In that race, MIT finished second with a final time of 7:21.8.
- MIT wraps up the 2019 season on Friday, May 17th as the Engineers compete at the Patriot League Championship on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass.