- Score: MIT 6, Simmons University 0
- Records: MIT (2-0); Simmons (0-2)
- Location: Brighton, Mass. (Daly Field)
- The Lead: Three goals in the first half powered the nationally-ranked No. 11 MIT field hockey team to a 6-0 victory over Simmons University on Saturday night. For the second night in a row, junior Devon Goetz (Rockville, Md.) recorded a multiple-point effort for the Engineers as she generated two goals and one assist.
- 7th Minute (6:25) – MIT 1, Simmons 0: Senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) sent a cross to the front of the cage where Goetz knocked it in for the goal.
- 29th Minute (28:11) – MIT 2, Simmons 0: Freshman Emily Genevriere (San Jose, Calif.) tipped in a cross from Goetz at the near post, resulting in the first goal of her career.
- 32nd Minute (31:05) – MIT 3, Simmons 0: Goetz placed a shot into the near post after connecting on a pass from freshman Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.).
- 40th Minute (39:27) – MIT 4, Simmons 0: Freshman Laura Chen (Califon, N.J.) buried a hard shot from five yards out into the far post for her first intercollegiate marker.
- 51st Minute (50:45) – MIT 5, Simmons 0: Sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) blasted a hard shot in front of the cage.
- 67th Minute (66:46) – MIT 6, Simmons 0: Tregoning tipped in a pass from Garofalo at the far post.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tregoning and Garofalo both posted one goal and one assist.
- Sophomore Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) made one save in her 10th career shutout, which ties her for fourth all-time at MIT in career shutouts.
- The Engineers had the upper hand in shots (20-3), shots on goal (14-1), and penalty corners (17-1).
- MIT continues its road trip on Wednesday, Sept. 5 when it visits Gordon College for a 6:00 p.m. start.